Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Retain what is good

Why do I choose things that aren't good for me when I know they make me feel bad? I guess this question is the signal of a true addiction. Why bother fooling myself?

Last night I ate four brownies. This morning I woke up and had another...and then went back to sleep. Two hours later I apparently felt like having dessert after breakfast, and had another. Had is exactly the right word, too; because at that point I didn't even enjoy it. I just consumed it.

Alas, my post is not intended to be about what I did wrong. Quite oppositely, it's about what I do right. In the spirit of blog-stalking, I'm tagging up with Small Notebook again for a keep/drop list. (I really need an iPad tutorial because in addition to not knowing how to insert pictures on here, I also don't know how to make a link. The touchscreen makes half of what you do incredibly easy and the other half more complicated.)

http://smallnotebook.org/2010/04/16/taking-care-of-me/

Keep: Dessert (from real ingredients that are still recognizable)
Drop: Super sweet and processed treats that just end up making me feel bad

Keep: Grace towards myself and others
Drop: Bullying the imperfections

Keep: Playing
Drop: Working out

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comment-love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...