Saturday, January 28, 2012

Winter wonderful



I love winter.

I love wonderful white snow, the view across the frozen lake, tossing snowballs to my dog, walking through the quiet woods, waking up to wonderland.

This was the lakefront view at my In-Laws' cottage this morning. Still dark, quiet, just black squirrels chittering in the birdseed outside. The picture doesn't even do it justice. It's serene. It's the best part of winter, and lovely hibernation from the not-so-good parts. I've been hiding out here since Monday and wish I never had to leave. 

Tomorrow though I make my way downstate to celebrate with family the new adventure that is my year living in South Korea. At the end of the week the trip officially begins and I become a real international traveler (I'm not sure I can count Canada. Maybe the cruise to Bermuda counts?)! 

I'm so excited, eager, hopeful, naive- I'm sure, but mostly feeling quite chill...ready to take things as they come. I hope that feeling sticks as much as the snow has!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comment-love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...