Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Rebuild

I realized something truly amazing and wonderful this morning (up in the morning coolness with coffee on the patio is always an opportunity to realize something truly amazing and wonderful): this has been the best year of my life.

Twenty seven is a fantastic age, joblessness has been a huge blessing for me and my husband, and I feel more the person I am meant to be with each passing day (minus a few exceptions, of course).

My year in review:
-Ended a wonderfully challenging year of teaching kindergarten.
-Began a season of serious transformation for my body, mind, and soul.
-Vacationed at the cottage for three weeks, which was heavenly and restorative. I also dared to drop a water ski and try slalom skiing, which has provided inspiration for other kinds of dares, too.
-Learned that husband got an assignment to fly A-10s; the fulfillment of all he's been waiting for.
-Studied scripture weekly with a tightly-knit group of amazing women I am blessed to call friends.
-Participated in life with family and friends more completely than it seems I ever have before.
-Practiced prayer, forgiveness, and what I think I'll call "purity of communication" with regularity.
-Took initial action on several big ideas to include volunteering, running, and writing.
-Practiced putting myself second with sporadic success.
-Realized sometimes we don't want an old tower with repairs that are patched, taped, and glued on. Sometimes we want to demolish the old tower, start fresh, and rebuild something wonderfully new. Sometimes this is God's choice for us as well.

2 comments:

  1. Great quote about rebuilding, Brooke! Is it yours? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, and yes...it just sounded good in my head:)

    ReplyDelete

I love comment-love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...