Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Welcome

I am excited to share with you photos of our new guest bedroom. I'm thrilled, of course, at the prospect of having guests (especially overnight because I love getting to wake up and enjoy coffee in pajamas with company and when I'm the company), but some of my enthusiasm is also because this is our first actual guestroom.

Let me tell you, the room has come a long way! This is before we unpacked. All the boxes with pink duct tape (thank you, Jenn!) and blue bins are from my classroom (and there are many more).



And this is what it looks like now:



I love the fact that we didn't have to buy a single thing to outfit the room. The bed and bedding used to be in our room. We made the end table from old cottage remnants Up North. The dresser used to be Marcy's, which I think Dad got out of a dumpster. A few years ago, Husband painted it and added the new drawer pulls. Lisa made the sunset painting (with water color and q-tips, no less), I did the curtains out of extra fabric and an old duvet cover, and the tea cup and saucer belonged to my Great Grandma Bradley. Can you believe we had all this and more between our one bedroom apartment and storage unit?



On the other side of the room, a handmade afghan from my Grandma rests on the chair, and the bookcase is the one we had to repair after the move.

If you do come for a visit, in addition to these lovely accommodations, you can also expect that we will cook! I had to take this picture of one of my favorite things about this new house:



I have a whole drawer in the kitchen just for spices!!



I got the idea to put spices in a drawer like this a few years ago from my friend Debbie (thanks, Deb!). I have wanted this ever since, but -until recently- didn't have nearly enough space for it.

Thanks for listening, and welcome to our home! If ever you find yourself coming this way or in need of a vacation, just let us know and we will gladly have you.

1 comment:

  1. oooh, I love the spice drawer! I have one too, but mine is so much more messier... I just can't get them to fit perfectly, so they're always rolling around. Still looking for the perfect drawer insert to keep them neat...

    ReplyDelete

I love comment-love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...