Tuesday, March 15, 2011

52

Happy birthday, Dad!


Today is my Dad's birthday. He would be 52 years young. To celebrate, I made chocolate cake and danced in the living room to my Beatles CD all day. I even worked out to it!

The picture on the left is Dad with Charlie several years ago. This pup is five now, and here he is with me on the right. Matt took this picture the other night when I fell asleep with the dog.

It's a good day to have this little dog Charlie. As I cry looking at Dad's picture, he hates to see me sad. He comes up to me to nuzzle and lick my face. If I smile, it will be made better. He knows this. He is just like Dad.

Happy birthday to the very best Dad.

These two songs have been the most in-my-head and dance-in-the-living-room-able.

Can't Buy Me Love

Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. I did not know that Charlie was also your Dad's dog! I just assumed he was always your mom's. That is so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Momma loves you Brookie

    ReplyDelete
  3. dear Brooke - I have been trying this again (at home) and getting frustrated again .......now today more/different things came up: like choose a profile (don't remember that showing up - so will try again - WAS GOING TO CALL HOLLY. What I have been trying to convey to you is that your first line on this blog"HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD", made me cry too. Wish life didi't have to be so hard sometimes. Love Gramma

    ReplyDelete

I love comment-love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...