Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Rule of 3s

My Dad used to say things happened in threes: people died in threes (I remember him saying this in particular when John Denver and ... two other famous people died.), people were born in threes (well, except for his twin daughters, but he made up for it by having three daughters altogether, so...). I guess it's one of those things that works when it works and you don't talk about it when it doesn't! Ha:)

Anyways, I've got a great rule of threes for you inspired by Aunt Holly the Great.

Three uses for three oranges, three limes, and -okay- one lemon.

To begin, slice the three fruits horizontally.



1st use: take the end orange slices (the ones with just a little bit of flesh on them) and put them in a pitcher. Add to it slices of lemon and limes. Fill the pitcher with ice cold water, muddle (haha, I learned this term while making mojitos with Beth last summer!), and wha-la, an icy, summery, citrus-y drink to share! Thanks for the idea, Aunt Holly (who made something like this last summer while we were camping)!



I'll give Holly credit for these ideas, too, because it would be just like her to use these fruits for all they're worth!

2nd use: Store the remaining orange slices in the refrigerator for convenient snacking.



3rd use: Chop up the remaining bits of citrus rinds and put in the garbage disposal for easy cleaning.

I guess I just feel like a regular ol' Little Suzie Homemaker today, and I'm quite okay with that. Baking bread, grooming the dog, getting groceries, sewing some old clothes, vaccuuming, etc. - that's what my day will consist of. Maybe it's a good thing when your "work" and your "day off" begin to resemble each other? Thoughts? Threes?

(Like a day off, B?)

1 comment:

  1. Never knew about the rule of 3, but that orange juice is a welcome change in this sweltering heat.

    ReplyDelete

I love comment-love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...