Thursday, May 07, 2009

Oh, etsy

That kinda makes me want to say, "Oh, etsy, you're so fine! You're so fine you blow my mind!" I think the last time I heard something to that tune was on Wayne's World! Wow...

Anyway, I have spent way more time than necessary on Etsy today. Try it and I bet you will be hooked, too. I think I got on the site with the intention of getting a little pouch to put purse things in, which is good because that's what I ended up getting. Along the way though, I found sooooo many cute things to share with you. Here are a few pics from artists' Etsy sites that I liked.



This cute clutch is from Downstairs Designs. It comes in so many great fabrics!



This sweet hemp wristlet is by Infusion.



This fun wristlet is from Lula Ballou. There are tons of fun designs on her shop's site.



This I almost bought, but measured and discovered it was a bit too big for my purse. It is basically a cute set of extra pockets that you just insert into your purse. How great is that?! JPatPurses even makes some that can sort of wrap around the interior perimeter of your purse. Oh, how I love organization! ;)


This is the pouch I ultimately purchased. It is by Coco + Milkweed. It is even made of organic cotton and bamboo!

Etsy is such a great site to look around. Everything is handmade by artists across the world. Many items are even eco-friendly in one way or another. Sometimes being a small entrepreneurship is better for our world than a whole house full of organics. It's encouraging to see so many small businesses thriving on Etsy. This is the first time I have bought anything from Etsy, but hope to look there more often for gifts and things that I would generally run out to some big-time store for. I have a slight Target addiction, and I would rather give my money to these artists. They have really amazing stuff!

2 comments:

  1. Soooo is this what you are doing with your free time now??

    Completely Just Kidding,
    I love the site. Thank you so much for sharing. I love sites like this and I can't wait to look around more. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, pretty much:) This and beginning the job application process:)

    ReplyDelete

I love comment-love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...