Thursday, May 28, 2009

Licensed to teach



My teaching certificate came in the mail last Friday!!! I'm officially a teacher (!!!!!!), and though still unemployed, the entire state of Texas authorizes me to manage and instruct a classroom of twenty-some students!!



I'm really glad I decided to get certified. A year ago I wasn't sure if all of this was going to work out. I had just tried my hand at Western Governors University, which didn't work out for several reasons. I had also just applied to the Region 4 program and been rejected. They required some core classes and werent't going to accept my honors version of them because the classes didn't look how they wanted on my transcript. I thought maybe I wasn't supposed to do this after all. I tried again though, and got the Honors Program at CSU to write a letter about why my classes should cover the prerequisites, and I got in!

Thanks for your support everybody! I especially thank Matt though. He's the one that basically said, "Sure, quit your perfectly good job so you can work 40 hours a week unpaid, and then try your hand at finding a new job all while not bringing in any income." He didn't say that though. He just said, if this is what you want and need to do, then I want you to do it, too. But do it right and put all you've got into it.

3 comments:

  1. We are so proud of you! Also, praying BIG for that right job!
    Love you guys! Mom - Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. yours is so much prettier than mine!

    ReplyDelete

I love comment-love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...