Monday, June 14, 2010

A month away

This summer vacation thing is so wonderful. While Matt is away TDY in Alabama, I have spent one week at home by myself, am now spending my second week in Colorado, and in a few days will go to spend the next two weeks in Alabama with him.

Colorado has been in typical fashion with a variety of high-heat days and now several days of very cool weather with plenty of rain and hail. So far we have been hiking near Palmer Lake and eating at ALL of the wonderful restaurants in the Springs. I am getting my yearly fill of Chipotle, Einstein Bros., Panera, Chick-Fil-A, Red Robin, P.F. Chang's, Borielo's, Coldstone, Biaggi's... We've eaten out a lot in the nine days I've been here! Mmmm, delicious.

Soon I will post the beautiful Colorado scenery pictures. I don't think I'll be getting too many beautiful Alabama scenery pictures...except I'm actually considering seeing if there's any way to help with the oil spill while I'm down there. I mean, we were going to go to Florida to enjoy the beautiful beaches, but since that can't happen, maybe we can be of some service. If anyone knows how you do this, please share with me! I'll just be randomly googling for "oil spill help" or something like that. Happy summer all!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know anything about helping with the oil spill, which is a great idea, but I do know the Birmingham Art Museum is surprisingly AWESOME and it's free! http://www.artsbma.org/
    That whole area is kind of fun to visit and wander around in.

    ReplyDelete

I love comment-love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...