Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Colorado vacation, part two



Colorado makes my heart sing. Seriously, come close and you'll hear it. I flew into Colorado searching for a mountain view from the porthole plane windows. Once I found it, my heart sang. It was as beautiful as it was humbling, as usual. I looked up to see everyone else on the entire plane doing the exact same thing as me. It's amazing how beauty reaches us.

I love Colorado Springs because nearly everywhere you go has this amazing view of Pikes Peak. It's incredible! Beth and I will be driving down the street and I'll stop mid-sentence to say how great the view is, how great that whole place is. I love it! It just makes you feel alive.

This post is not about Pikes Peak, but it is about a place with a view of it - Garden of the Gods. Garden of the Gods is a beautiful recreational park on the southwest side of C-Springs. It is filled with graceful and gorgeous red rock formations.



Many people climb and boulder through the area. Beth and I did a hike there last summer. Tara and I were looking for something quick and sweet though, so we just wandered the paved trails.



It was a gorgeous sunny day. Tara picked me up from Beth's house in the morning (I forget where Beth was, taking care of Cowboy the horse I think. It's a pretty raunchy story, but basically Cowboy had impaled himself on a fence post and required {excuse me, is requiring} a lot of special care to repair the damage.) We drove over to Garden of the Gods and began to meander and enjoy the scenery. And meander is exactly what we did, because after walking for a few hours, we weren't exactly sure which way was what. Our efforts to get back to the car ended up taking us all the way around the park, which was quite a hike.



Of course, any amount of hiking and trekking is worth a view like this.



We love it here:)
Our travels, however, didn't end with a search for the car. Due to our directional challenges, we also had a hard time exiting the park. Once in the car we ended up in Manitou Springs, several miles south of where we'd entered the park. Oh well, at least we enjoyed the ride!



After the hike and detour, we went to Chipotle for lunch and then to Whole Foods. Mmmm, they also make my heart sing. Thanks for a great day, Tara! This was pretty close to perfection for me.

3 comments:

  1. I love seeing your images and hearing about your adventures! So makes me want to go!!!! NOW!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me miss this place so much. Darin and I went to the garden on our first date.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who knows where I was, but I'm sure Cowboy was involved at some point!! Oh and then I worked on the office. :) Anyway, I love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete

I love comment-love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...