Saturday, October 04, 2008

Spouse taxi day



Tuesday was Spouse Taxi Day at Sheppard (also known as "Hot Brakes Day"), which is when all the spouses get to taxi around and down the runway with their IP. So I got a Tweet "ride" (except we never left the ground)!



I got geared up in all of Matt's usual stuff. Flight suit. Check. Parachute. Check. Cool nametag with wings. Check.


This is us at the jet, ready for the walk-around. It was a beautiful day!



Can you believe Matt gets to fly around everyday? And he gets paid for it?



I even got to wear a helmet, oxygen mask, and that cool visor, all worth nearly $2000. Mental note, don't drop the helmet.



Here we are ready to go! Matt even let me do a radio call: Sheppard tower, Dicey 85, Number one, One Five Center.



Yay, we made it! It was awesome to experience this small part of what Matt does everyday. At the end though, I was still left really wanting to get off the ground. Maybe another day...

3 comments:

  1. That's so cool that you got to fly with Matt... I've heard other wives do this thing with with just a random IP (if their husbands aren't IPs). How fun for you! And oh how I wish we could go flying with our husbands too... Our only hope is to get a press badge somehow...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cool! And you always have the foresight to get such neat pictures. Love your name patch... can I get one ;-)

    Love you guys, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brooke - I haven't checked this in awhile, but LOVE YOU and your pictures; and your blog. Your life is just one big adventure!!! Grandma

    ReplyDelete

I love comment-love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...