Thursday, July 09, 2009

Commendable



Maybe I've been out of the loop, but until today I had no idea Wichita Falls recycled anything! When I first moved here I scoured the phone books looking for a recycling center and found nothing. Several Wichita Fall-eons have shared similar dissatisfaction with the lack of recycling around here. Eventually I found out there is a center on base and have been happily using it ever since. Today as I was leaving the grocery store, however, I noticed this poster in the foyer for Clean & Green Wichita Falls. As it turns out, Wichita Falls recycles all kinds of thing! I'm actually kind of proud of you, WF. It almost makes me feel bad for my and Matt's banter about "Shit-ita Falls" on our road trip back here this week.

Anyway, for those of you in WF the link above tells everything and everywhere you can recycle, but you may also find the following links helpful:

Curbside recycling for organic materials (including kitchen food waste! - I wish I had this at my apartment. Maybe I can make that happen...).

Recycling glass and paper in blue and green dumpsters around town.

Wichita Falls Sanitation Department.

Now if we could get a deposit on cans, just think how many people would join in this recycling business! Still, I know there are many people in our neck of the woods that would be happy to collect your cans without deposit because they take them to Bell Processing and get paid for the metal. Carolyn -if you're out there, thank God for Bell Processing. Your business really supports the poor of this community! Sometimes it make me want to leave a bag of metal cans on the side of the road for someone to pick up to take there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comment-love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...