Saturday, July 11, 2009

Girls' weekend



In mid-June, I hopped on a one-way flight to Michigan (since I would later be meeting Matt with the car) for a Girls' weekend with Mom, Marcy, and Lisa at Lake Missaukee in Lake City, MI.

We had such a great time on our trip! We stayed at Mom's boss' cottage, which had plenty of room, a nice patio, and a great beach. Friday night, however, started with wine, not the beach. Above Marcy and Lisa attempt to open a bottle of wine with a very vintage corkscrew. Getting the corkscrew into the cork was not too bad. Getting it out without any help from the device itself was a challenge we decided was best conquered outdoors.



Conquer it, they did, quite proudly:)



The first night we talked outside on the patio for hours. The "pineapple bombs" Mom and Marcy made helped keep our energy up:) It was early in the morning before we called it a night.


It was still a little cool the next day, so we spent the morning inside playing Speed Scrabble (Beth, I'm hooked now and hooking others:) and group crossword puzzling. After a quick trip to the store for dinner-making-supplies, we spent the rest of the day at the beach!!! We soaked up the sun, played a little ladderball, and sat knee-deep in the surf with our lounge chairs. Aaahhhh.


Me and my twin.



A view of the lake.



Here we are as dinner is grilling. We were grilling BBQ chicken on skewers. We also had Marcy's Spectacular Baked Cauliflower and some other sides I can't remember at the moment. The night before I made Thai chicken (basically your recipe, Beth), and on Sunday we had BBQ ribs! Mmmm. We ate pretty well!







We had lots of good laughs!



And some good sunsets, too.


Thanks Marcy, Lisa, and Mom for such a great time! I miss you already and I hope we do this again every year. I love you!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like so much fun! I should start a similar tradition with my mom and sister. So glad you were able to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a little slow at reading blog posts, but I LOVE all the pictures of the girls weekend, LOVE that you played Speed Scrabble, and LOVE you guys. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comment-love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...