Thursday, August 23, 2012

Intentions, plans, and goals


I'm not sure how it's possible I haven't blogged in three weeks.  After all, I had such good intentions.  Alas, intentions meaning nothing without follow-through.

Life has been full here, which I'm pretty sure was the subject of my last post.  I'd love to say I'm going to blog more starting now, but I'll let my actions speak for where my heart is.  I love to write and share life with those of you who read here, but I am also grateful that life is full.

What does it look like?  Well, lately it looks a lot like the photo above.  It is typhoon season, and that which we missed in July is upon us now in full swing.  The moisture and cooler air, albeit still saturated with humidity, is a welcome relief from the strong summer sun.

August has been a month all about planning (not that that is unusual for me).  We officially have less than one year remaining in Korea.  We want to be sure to use our year well.  So far I love this year.  My heart is so happy with our plans, and I'm excited to see how life actually turns out.  God's plan is always better -richer, deeper, more beautiful- than my plan.

Starting in September, we have something big every other month!  In one week, Husband's parents show up in our corner of Asia.  I have an itinerary for their two-week visit to combine rest and exploring with plenty of good eating and people watching.  We are thrilled they are coming to visit us over here across the Pacific.  We'll see if they're still happy to make the trip after 14 hours in the air!

November takes us to Thailand on a two-week adventure through the city and jungle of Chiang Mai as well as the Phuket-area beaches of the Amdaman Sea.  We will hike, camp, kayak, snorkel, and even stay in jungle huts and a longhouse in the mountains.  I am most excited for beach camping and delicious Thai food!

In January we head to New Zealand for the trip Husband and I are the most excited about.  Originally we planned our second trip to be on the beaches of southeast Asia, but the more we looked into locations, the more we realized New Zealand is where we really want to go.  It is an outdoor adventure paradise!  We will not even come close to exploring all this beautiful island has to offer, but we will certainly do our best!  It is going to be an absolute trip of our lifetime, and we decided to seize the moment with this one because we have no idea when a better time will come along. The circumstances are just right to really spend some time exploring this beautiful work of God's art.  We will spend 16 days in the southern hemisphere (remember, it will be summer there), venturing, hiking, and kayaking in the areas of Westland, Fiordland, Milford Sound, and Stewart Island (where we will do a Great White Shark cage dive).  We will hopefully live through that to finish the trip beach hiking and camping in Abel Tasman with a few days to spare at a small chalet alongside the Tasman Sea.

Sound idyllic?  I couldn't agree more.  I am simply beyond thrilled, elated, ecstatic for the Natural Beauty we are absolutely blessed to have the opportunity to explore.  

I could dream about these trips quite content for days, I think, but I know my time has more purpose.  Now that the trips are planned (and will be booked soon, but "Sweet Illusions" stole our credit card number, so we have been delayed) and husband is getting the hang of his new job, I have more time for my goals:

1) Memorize Korean numbers and "survival language" by the time my in-laws arrive.
2) Complete the substitute application so I can substitute teach on base this school year.
3) Write more posts for my other blog Joy Before You.
4) Teach the pre-school religious education class at church.
5) Get things rolling with CWOC (Catholic Women of the Chapel) to start in September.  I am interim-leader while our actual group leader is having her baby.
6) Plan the annual "Thunderbolt Feast" (a joint Thanksgiving celebration between the A-10 pilots and maintenance crews).
7) Enjoy running in temperatures below 80 degrees Fahrenheit.

But before I get to all that,I'm off to attempt a healthy carrot cake/muffin cream cheese filled roll with candied nuts on top type of thing.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comment-love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...