Thursday, July 05, 2012

Back on track


I thrive on routine.  Most of the time I wouldn't admit it, but it's true.  I can't handle super structured days, but I at least need an order of events for my brain and body to follow.  Without one, it's noon by the time I realize I'm still in pajamas, I get distracted on blogs or Facebook for hours before realizing I meant to be working on my website, and by the end of the day my accomplishments are taking a shower and making dinner.

Days like this are necessary once in a while.  In the last two weeks since I've been back in Korea though, they have become the norm.  At first it was the jet-lag and being sleep deprived.  Then I was trying to get back into working out and catching up with the squadron wives.  Then I was just plain bummed to still be without my hubby.  

It is time to get back on track!  My mind is craving structure.  My body is crying out to move (no more sitting, please!).   My stomach wants real food instead of junk.  It is time for a renewal!

Today I begin a big, solid, 30-day effort to live well.  I'm talking good nutrition, plenty of exercise, starting every day with scripture, really trying to learn Korean, regular blog and website writing, and minimal sitting on my hind end.  Will you join me?

Interested in the breakfast pictured above?  The omelet is one egg scrambled with three tablespoons egg whites and topped with one cup of spinach, six chopped grape tomatoes, 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, plus salt, pepper, and basil.  On the side is one sliced orange (I love oranges again now that I realized it is so much easier to eat them this way than peel them!) and one cup Lipton Vanilla Caramel Truffle black tea with a splash of milk (~375 calories total).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comment-love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...