Friday, February 17, 2012

Your weekend brunch

I guess I'm in the mood for breakfast foods today.


This morning I made oatmeal.  Doctoring it up makes it so delicious, but it's also really easy.  All I did was add milk, chopped apple, cinnamon and nutmeg to a packet of instant maple and brown sugar oatmeal.  Heat it in the microwave for about a minute and a half.  I'm sure it would have been even more amazing with plain oatmeal and actual maple syrup.  (I'm working on reducing the amount of sugar I eat.  It has been hard with the leftover birthday cake around!)


This afternoon there weren't any leftovers for lunch so I decided to make an omelet.  

Ingredients:
1 whole egg, 2 egg whites
2 slices roast beef
1 slice salami
1/4 cup shredded cheeses (I used a Mexican blend and shredded parmesan)
1 cup leftover vegetables or steamed frozen vegetables of your choice (I used leftover corn and steamed frozen broccoli)

Directions:
1.  Whisk eggs together until well combined.  Spray skillet with oil, heat on medium low.  Pour in eggs and cook until there's just a little bit of runniness left on top.

2.  Meanwhile, slice meat and vegetables if necessary.

3.  Sprinkle eggs with salt, pepper, and cheese.  While the eggs are not yet done, top one half of them with the meat and vegetables.  Using a spatula, fold the side of the eggs with just the cheese on it on top of the side with the meat and vegetables.

4.  Cover and cook for another minute or two, just until the eggs are lightly browned, the cheese is melted, and the filling is piping hot.


Thanks to the salami and roast beef, I think I can probably even talk Husband into this veggie-packed omelet!

If you make the omelet (it's big!) and oatmeal, you can probably call this a brunch for two.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comment-love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...