Thursday, February 23, 2012

Talking big

I talk big about food. I always have a new idea about a dish to make or how to put a new spin on an old favorite. It's sort of a hobby of mine.  I (used to) blog a lot of recipes (few of them have made it here lately), and some people assume I always make a delicious home-cooked dinner for my my husband and I.  Let me assure you with tonight's example that is certainly not the case. I am no Giada De Laurentiis and I don't expect you to be either.


I just went to the grocery store this afternoon. By the time I came home, sat on my butt for an hour, and went for a quick run though, I had no motivation to cook.  I hope you also appreciate that pile of grocery bags and stack of papers in the back of the picture...just keeping it real:)

I had a whole list of possible meals that I had just bought all the ingredients for, but everything was too time and task intensive.

Nothing was thawed.

We don't have many dishes and I've been washing forks as needed since Tuesday, so virtually everything was going to require washing all the dishes first.

I was hungry now.

I don't have the car so nothing is close enough for take-out.

The result: a dinner of cinnamon rolls (I bought them for Saturday morning, but oh well) and eggs-over-easy. I had a glass of milk, too, and I'm supposed to have that apple on the counter...

It was glorious!  Really, it was a delicious combination of sweet and savory.

Is there anything you talk big about?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comment-love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...