Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Inside the box


I'm kind of a nut for home organization.

Or school organization within the home, as the case may be.


Yup, a nut to every last inch of the closet.

(All of this takes up half of our guest room closet, which is improvement from when we moved in and it occupied 90% of the space! It's weeded out, consolidated, and packed more efficiently now.)


I don't just make it neat and clean. I make it strategic!

This summer I overhauled my classroom supplies. I sorted out the old, useless, and unwanted. Then I categorized puzzles, word games, decorations, posters, even music by which month of the school year I would use them in.

I find it much easier to organize school supplies by when you will use them (we study insects in May so the bug puzzle goes in the May container) than what they will be used for (the dinosaur, world map, and bug puzzles all together in one container).

I also made lists of the contents of the boxes, so if you wanted to pull out such-and-such from the October box in February, you would know where to find it and where to put it back to.

(I plan to print these lists, but currently they are on the computer. This is nice, because when I'm planning activities for my "blogsite" I can look at the list of supplies to help with ideas.)



Originally I put everything in paper bags because that was what I had at the time. Especially with our impending move though, I knew I wanted them in something stackable, transportable, and transparent. Fifty bucks in plastic tubs later, my stuff is ready for then.

Then being the time and place God wants me to teach again. I believe there is one. Despite a temporary and fleeting thought to ship all of my stuff to Africa instead of store it, I've decided to keep it.

One day I will teach again.

One day I will teach my future hypothetical children as Husband and I lovingly refer to them:)

One day I may teach in a classroom again.

One day I may travel to schools to bring programs to them.

One day I may choose to host a preschool in my home.

One day I may teach or care or love little children with this half closet full of supplies in some way that I have yet to imagine, fathom, or understand.

One day I will know, and it, too, will be very good.

1 comment:

  1. Can you please come organize my house? I have a lot of things to move/re-sort/re-locate/get rid of to make room for the peanut. :)

    And I am SO excited to see how and when you use these things again. You are AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete

I love comment-love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...