Friday, November 04, 2011

Healing hope

I dedicate this post to my hardworking, always persevering, constantly hoping, most tender-to-me Husband.



They thanked us from the beginning, and their thanks came with a warning, too.


A warning that there would be many of these conversations.

"How does this work, again?"
"Well, you remember, just like this."
"Okay, now about that other thing. What does that stand for again?"

"How are we supposed to make that work?"
"I don't know. That's how it is every time."

"I just wish I could see you more. And I wish you could be less stressed, too."
"I know Babe, me too. But it will get better."
"I love you."
"I love you, too."

A warning that it would not be easy.

A warning that we would sacrifice much.


An instruction that when they cling together...



...so will our need be, too.


And we cling to it, Love. The thanks is for it. The warning is hold fast to it. It alone will see you through.



And so we let go of the disappointments, no life clinging to that rock. We take captive the ugly thoughts, conquer the stress, and wipe away the tears, again.
We choose Hope. We hold fast to His promises. There, in the Hope, is where we find Life in the battle.



When you are trusted with much...


...much will be asked of you.


Accept it with a smile, and choose Hope. Choose fullness of life. Only in giving life, giving an offering of self, is life itself resurrected.

1 comment:

I love comment-love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...