Monday, September 19, 2011

Enough, more of the good kind

Enough.

Enough already.

I have enough.

Stop hounding me with more, with better, with newer, with nicer.

I have enough.

I am enough.

God is enough.

"Two things I ask of you, O Lord; do not refuse me before I die: Keep falsehood and lies far from me; give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread. Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you and say, 'Who is the Lord?' Or I may become poor and steal, and so dishonor the name of my God." {Proverbs 30: 7-9}

"Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. As it is written: 'He has scattered abroad his gifts to the poor; his righteousness endures forever.'" {2 Corinthians 9: 6-9}

He's scattered them in my bank account. He's scattered them in my home. He's scattered them in my heart. Pour me out, Oh Lord.

"Our desire is not that others might be relieved while you are hard pressed, but that there might be equality. At the present time your plenty will supply what they need, so that in turn their plenty will supply what you need. Then there will be equality, as it is written: 'He who gathered much did not have too much, and he who gathered little did not have too little.'" {2 Corinthians 8: 13-15}

Pour their hope into my heart.

God is enough for this. Hope and faith are knowing and trusting that we can have just enough now -not hoarding, storing, stowing away- and still have just enough later.

More to read, if you dare, from some of my new favorite blogs:

2 comments:

  1. love you. Good reminder. Call me soon and update me on life, okay? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is good Brooke. I love the first paragraph (from Proverbs). Thanks for this. Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete

I love comment-love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...