Saturday, February 05, 2011

Just because

A few weeks ago I made an impromptu road trip to Colorado to visit my best gal pal. She was going to be home alone for MLK weekend, so I decided to leave my hubby home alone instead of her, and set out on the ten hour drive.



The drive to Colorado is pretty dull...until you reach Colorado that is. Once you see those mountain peaks ahead of and around you, how can your heart help but soar? We filled the weekend with lots of good times (mostly inside due to my at that time very new toe injury) eating and talking and hanging out. Since the last time we visited, we have both acquired a dog, so we also had the interesting but enjoyable task of acquainting our dogs to each other.


Hers a 40 lb. pitbull/beagle and mine a whopping 9 lb. toy poodle, can you guess who called the shots? Ironically, it was Charlie, our fluffy white and black shadow! It was pretty fun to watch. Eventually they warmed up to each other more, and it was really sweet to see the lion and the lamb sleeping on the couch together (unfortunately I accidentally deleted those pictures from my phone).

I took all of these pictures with my phone while driving. It's not my best idea ever, but I was pretty bored and confident in my abilities to drive straight and level for hours at a time. The mountain picture was taken south of Pueblo, CO, I believe. The moon picture was taken somewhere between small towns in western Texas. I thought it was neat, and trying to get a clear picture that also didn't have cell phone towers in it gave me something to do around hour seven or eight of the drive.



I also promised pictures of the husband in the tree. Matt and I are self-proclaimed MovNat students, I think. It's a pretty cool philosphy that basically boils down to exercise, but in practice is way cooler:) Give it a try and you may get a few strange looks from passersby, but I also assure two things will happen: you will have FUN playing like a child and your body will feel better for it.

So how did Matt get in the tree? Well, there's a video on the MovNat website that describes how (I'll let you check it out there from the expert Erwan Le Corre so I can't be held liable...try it first in a place that is soft underneath!), but it's actually not that hard! This is coming from a girl who cannot yet do a pull-up, so you know you can trust me. I cannot yet do it on a tree branch this high, but I am able to do it on some monkey bars that are a foot or two lower to the ground.

I'm sure there will be more to come soon regarding our natural movement adventures. Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comment-love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...