Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Four years



Our fourth anniversary has come and gone (geez, that was fast!), but I still wanted to post this photo to commemorate it.

Husband and I have been married for over four years now! So much has happened in this time; so much change in us and our families. Four years ago I was half way through my first year of teaching and Matt was half way through pilot training. We were eager to get married and it was a very exciting time.

We love each other even more now, but I know neither of us could have predicted the places life and God would take us. I also know neither of us would have chosen them, so it's a darn good thing God is the one leading instead of us!! His plan always turns out so much better than our own. Praise to Him whose wisdom is beyond this world.

This is the first anniversary for which Matt and I have not been home celebrating Christmas. We were actually at our own place, by ourselves. We decided to spend the whole day together without phones or TV or computer. It was beautiful weather, so after waking up late and lingering over breakfast, we played in the park with the dog. In the afternoon, we enjoyed a nap and relaxed. That night we went to Pasqual's restaurant, where we had a dream dinner. It was a simple sirloin steak (but with this divine red wine reduction sauce) with asparagus for me, green beans for him, and the most incredible candied sweet potatoes for both of us. For dessert, we had buttermilk pie. (Courtney, it was not as good as yours or mine:)

We were going to allow ourselves a movie out, but the high price for low selection had us opting for a quiet, cuddly movie at home instead.

The End to another great anniversary day.

3 comments:

  1. Happy 4th Anniversary! I could really use some pie right about now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you guys are doing great (and had a terrific day celebrating!). I just had to comment about the plant in the corner of your photo... it looks like the one I gave you! So glad it's thriving with you! I'll have to show you my little shoot that I kept... it's been growing up! Tracy had the other shoot, but I don't think it made the trip across the ocean with them... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie, yes it IS the one you gave me! Thank you for it! It has been doing really well here. It would be even taller and wider, but I have to trim it to keep it apartment-sized. I also have another large plant (I think I planted it with you at your house, although those succulents I planted did not last long...), and I'm trying to decide if we should bother keeping them when we move or not...

    ReplyDelete

I love comment-love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...