Sunday, February 07, 2010

Too much fun!



If it so happens that you need some therapeutic relief, may I be so bold as to suggest squeezing whole peeled tomatoes with your bare hands?



A recipe I tried last summer called for whole peeled tomatoes, which you were to squeeze with your bare hands to crush them into pizza sauce. At that moment, tomato squeezing became my favorite past time! In fact, maybe I'll list it as a hobby next time I have to fill out some sort of personal questionnaire.

Tomato squeezing is not for the faint of heart. It is messy. My sweater may never be the same. Tomato juices burned to the glass stove top. Nonetheless, it is pure joy to anticipate the slippery, juicy tomato guts squirting all over your kitchen. Some of the tomato even makes it into the pot and is just as delicious as it is fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comment-love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...