Sunday, February 07, 2010

Always scheming



I'm always scheming up new ways to make my classroom work better. I thought the last time I rearranged was as good as it could get, but I was wrong. The whole reason I rearranged this time, however, was because of an ceiling-mounted LCD projector we are hoping to get in the room. You can see a pull-down screen in the above picture with electrical work near it going up to the ceiling. These items were (formerly) right above my desk and blocked by a filing cabinet. I didn't see how we were going to view anything on a screen blocked by a filing cabinet and maintenance wouldn't move the equipment, so off I went to rearrange. The new, improved layout has received many compliments and I'm quite pleased with the results.



Thanks to Mike and Cindy, I also have some new toys and supplies for my classroom, which the children are loving. Thanks for the gifts Mike and Cindy!



I'm amazed at how much is needed and can fit into an early childhood classroom. This small-ish classroom boasts four student tables, one teacher table, one aide desk, 16 learning centers, a large meeting area, 20 student mailboxes, nine tall student cubbies, two bathrooms, one sink, oodles of "creative" storage, and about a bazillion random but essential other things. Oh, and don't forget 19 five- and six-year-olds!

3 comments:

  1. I like it when you scheme :) It's so fun to see your work on your blog. Your kids must love Mrs. Keilen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your room looks great...it actually kinda makes me miss kindergarten a little (notice I said kinds and a little) JK

    It looks so fun and inviting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i spy the keep calm and carry on print-- i hope its working! love you! -m

    ReplyDelete

I love comment-love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...