Saturday, December 12, 2009

We're alive!

Hello out there! We really are still here. These last few months have absolutely flown by. Matt has always been busy with his long days at work. I have not been this busy in a long time though. Our toilets go weeks without being cleaned, our groceries dwindle to the very back of the pantry before being replenished. This new teaching job has worn me out! My work days are about as long as Matt's now, 10-12 hours.

Slowly we are learning this new way of life. And while we enjoy being Dinks (Dual Income, No Kids) for the time being, I would not want to go on like this long-term. It takes its toll on us and our relationships. For the next year and a half that we are here, though, this will be just fine. By the time we leave our student loans will be long-gone, and we should have some good savings for whatever the next phase of our life brings. That's a fair reward for wrangling 20 five-year-olds for seven hours a day, right (and in Matt's case trying to survive flights with who-knows-how-many newby, cocky 20-something almost-pilots)?

Truly though, I'm glad we are where we are. God continues to reveal to us his plan, and it is very good. I am so grateful I don't have to go at this alone. Without God I would have been squashed like a bug on day one of kindergarten, and many times after that. This has been the most spiritually difficult time of my life, which tells me it's a crucial time. More demons have walked across my path and invaded my mind than I have ever known, and they aren't done yet. Each time though, my Rock holds me up, purifies me, and kicks those demons' butts. There is still much to learn. Nonetheless, I am comforted knowing:

"Suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, who he has given us." Romans 5: 3-5

Now if I could just keep from running up ahead of God, and finally let Him lead me.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Brooke - when I read stuff like this that you've written, tears start leaking down my cheeks. You are a GOOD person, teacher, wife, daughter, grand- daughter. Thanks for telling me about the calendar pages you have up in your room from something I gave you. I know Mary Engle(not sure of spelling here)'s work and can see it being perfect for your room. By the way - can see why nobody else wants it -- IT IS YOURS, EVEN THE NUMBER INDICATES THAT. Thanks for taking the time to update your blog......had been checking it Love ya lots. Grandma

    ReplyDelete

I love comment-love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...