Saturday, February 07, 2009

Huh...

I have been trying for about an hour to update our blog a bit and now I wish I had never touched it. Do you know that feeling when you keep trying to make something just a little bit better and then it all flushes down the toilet and you don't know how to fix it?

I started to play with the colors on our blog because I thought a little change might be nice. After "playing" for a while though I decided I really liked what we had best. Strangely though, the background brown we used to have seems to be no longer available or at least I can't find it anywhere.

I looked at many different options and decided if I could just get this picture long and narrow (as opposed to huge, fat, and tall like what happens when I try it) up at the top of the blog page, that would be just right.



I know some of you have done this, can you help me please?

3 comments:

  1. Hi friend! Sorry, can't help with your dilemma, but wanted to say hello anyhow. =) Sounds like your first day of school was exhausting! I wish we could've celebrated Groundhog day too...guess they'll be big soon enough. We should get together soon...we miss you!!!
    Ashley Moore

    ReplyDelete
  2. To make the photo long and skinny for your header, you'll have to make it long and skinny first, before you upload it. Which means you'll have to crop some of the top and/or bottom off in a photo-editing program (any one will do this) on your computer. Or you can try to stretch it, but that may be harder to do, depending on your software, and I don't think photos look as good when stretched any way. Wish I had a better answer for you! :)

    As for finding the old brown, maybe look through the standard templates to find the original one you used, or try shuffling colors. There are way more color possibilities than what they show you, and if you know the "hex code" of a color (you could probably find a website that has all the web colors and their hex codes), then you can just type it in (there's a spot for that to the right of the color palette)!

    Hope all this makes sense! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, deb is really tech savvy

    =)

    ashley

    ReplyDelete

I love comment-love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...