Thursday, January 15, 2009

A white Christmas, part 2

Normally, I would do my darndest to put all these pictures in chronological order, but there are just too many! When I load pictures to my computer they are in chronological order, so I then add them to the blog in chronological order. The problem lies in the fact that the way the pictures show up on the blog is then in reverse chronological order! Or perhaps the problem lies in the fact that I am an eensy-weensy bit perfectionist when it comes to things like this:) For the sake of conquering this disease, here is a free-for-all of Davy Christmas pictures! I will, of course, describe each image directly below the place it occupies on your screen;)



Ah, Christmas at Grandma's. I thought this was going to be a nice picture of us, but somehow I ended up with one eye closed and Matt with his tongue out. I guess we know what's going on the christmas card next year!

We traditionally always had Christmas at Grandma and Grandpa Miller's house on one of the weekends surrounding Christmas. Several years ago, we changed the tradition and celebrated at Holly and Dave's (my aunt and uncle). Perhaps this was because their family had the largest representation of family members at the party. Or maybe it was so that G & G didn't have to do as much prep. work. Either way, it works out well for all of us. This year, however, we were back to G & G's because Holly and Dave lost power due to the windy snowstorm.



These pictures are random shots of everyone beginning to open presents. Above is Derek's knee and foot (sorry, Derek), Chrissy, Aunt Cathy, Aunt Janet, Ross, and Marcy. I was attempting to get a sampling of who was at the party, but didn't manage to get everyone. If anyone has more pictures, I'd love to see them.



Here is Ross again in the white, then Uncle Dave, Mark, Chris, Aunt Holly, Scotty, and Marcy again on the floor.



My cousins Derek and Chrissy: Chrissy the perpetual prankster and Derek taking it like a champ.



Here is my Grandpa Miller taking the roll of santa. He still gives the best bear hugs.



This is my Aunt Holly and cousin Scotty. Scotty received a wonderful "technicolor dreamcoat" from Grandma this year. He was ecstatic!



I love how this picture turned out. These are my beautiful grandmothers: Great Grandma Donna Bradley on the left and Grandma Carol Miller (her daughter and my Mom's Mom) on the right.



Now begin the pictures from the Davy Christmas at Mom's house. We took a dozen pictures of the Davy girls three on the couch. I have a hodge-podge of them here; some good, some not-so-good.













This is Charlie-man, Mom's dog. Lisa and Brad gave him this green lobster toy for Christmas. In about 15 seconds he had ripped off the eyes, one of the pincher claws, and a leg or two. Maybe it was meant for dogs over three years old.

Here's Momma Jeanne happy and content in the midst of post-present paradise. I said to her later: I think we're all getting better and gift-giving. We all received such personal, fun and even functional gifts.


Here is Chris trying out his new waterproof stuff sack and waterproof camera case, and Marcy in her waterproof photography debut.



Lisa and Brad enjoy their new presents, too. Actually, Lisa was struggling to open the Leatherman box for a while. Brad eventually put down the book and helped her. If only we could somehow use the handy Leatherman to help us open its own box?



I just thought Matty looked handsome here. For once, he had no idea I was taking the picture.



Well, that didn't last long and he's trying to cover the dog with a gift box!



Lisa and Brad are smilin' big. This was actually before all the gift-opening began, when we were drinking rum and cokes and listening the Beatles on the record player as loud as it would go!



Even Brad caught the dancing fever!



Here's Mom in the kitchen, working on her Christmas dinner masterpiece.



Lisa Jean Bean. Is she smiling big because it's Christmas or because school is finally over? Probably both, I think.

We went to a family Christmas with the Keilen side, too, but didn't manage to get any pictures. That was they day we drove to Remus for the Miller Christmas and then back down to St. Johns for the Keilen Christmas, so we weren't into taking pictures any more. We enjoyed seeing all of you though!!



Here's a sneak peak at part 3.

2 comments:

  1. =) Yay! What a fun, loving family you have. Thanks for sharing your photos and stories with all of us! And don't worry, we would never know that they weren't in chronological order =)!!
    ashley moore

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Brooke and Matt - thanks for sharing your Christmas pictures, I also loved the way the picture of Great Grandma and I turned out - she is getting more fragile all the time.....had cataract surgery this week, and it took a lot out of her. I WILL try the rigatoni receipe, for sure. I already make our oatmeal similar...Love ya lots.
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete

I love comment-love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...