Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Fall found Texas



Within the last two weeks or so fall has come to Wichita Falls. I was waiting, waiting; wondering when it would get here. The leaves are now changing and falling. The weather is beautiful. It has been mostly in the 60s with a few days in the 70s and a few in the 50s. We have had some chilly nights and mornings, which have been absolutely delightful! The other morning I woke up to read 27 degrees on the thermometer across the way. I had to prove it could really get into the 20s here, so here is the picture. By the time I got outside with my camera, however, it had already risen to 28.





Most trees around here turn yellow, but we have a few nice red ones like this. This is along the trail to Lucy Park near the falls.



It is such contrast to see these pretty summery flowers next to the golden fall colors. Actually, it reminds me of a time in Fort Collins when we had a May snowfall, and the gorgeous yellow tulips were covered with white glitter. It just goes to show you, life is resilient.



Strangely, even some of the 'evergreens' change color here. I promise it's not dead. I have seen it happen here, and it will return to green in the spring.



These golden leaves are everywhere. I need to learn more abou tthe kinds of trees here. Does anyone know what this one is?







I came upon these ducks swimming in the river on my way back home from this nature trip. To my surprise, they didn't even notice I was there. Or maybe they were more concerned with their hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comment-love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...