Sunday, May 18, 2008

Just getting started

This is the first official blog post. I'm not sure if we'll keep this going. I have a hard enough time keeping up with my email, but with everyone so far away, this sure is a nice way to keep in touch. The best part is that I get to choose all the fonts, colors, and layout. I've always loved that!

The weather here is beautiful and warm. This weekend we went to the lake for the first time this year. It was a gorgeous day with some awesome skiing. I will post some pictures of the boat soon.

Next week Matt begins his master's degree at Embry Riddle. It's kind of strange because he only decided a week or so ago that he was doing this program and he's already about to sign up for classes. I also found out that I've been accepted to the teacher certification program, but I won't begin until the fall. It will be interesting, I'm sure, to both be in school at the same time. That's how it was in our undergrad, of course, but we didn't have to share a house and -more importantly- a computer then:)

Well, I must get some rest. Tomorrow is Water Day at school and I am manning the mud pie station!

6 comments:

  1. Awesome....glad you guys are blogging...it will be easy to keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been so thinking of you two!
    With Paul graduating, you tend to get a little meloncholy and that made me think of you and Matt and your college journeys... It's hard to let go:( Any plans for a trip to Michigan this summer?
    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey brookie & matty, I love you guys and wish I could see you soon!!! I am looking forward to seeing your pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad that you have posted an update for us to read! It will be great to be updated on what you are doing. Love your new boat! All is well here, but the weather. It is looking promising this weekend and we are looking forward to going on our boat. We are watching the grandkids this weekend along with Amy and Todd's dogs for all of next week. They didn't get a honeymoon so are taking off work next week for some along time.
    Thanks for the update.
    Love, Terry and Marti

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blogging is addictive and I love to read your comments. Thanks and keep them coming:)

    Holly (I'm guessing it's you typing, not Dave, but I could be wrong:)... Hang in there with Paul graduating. I promise it's hard for him to let go, too, although it may take a while for him to realize/admit it.

    We are eager to come to Michigan, but we most likely aren't going to make it this summer. Matt can't get much leave because they are starting the transition to the T-6, which means they will be undermanned. We have have a vacation planned for July to Colorado, which has taken priority because it is for Beth's wedding(she was in our wedding, if you recall)!

    Thanks for the update, Marti. It is great to hear from you! I don't have email addresses for the whole clan, so feel free to pass around the website for our blog:)

    Much love to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love you, miss you, (and every day) wish you were here. I've really been enjoying your blog, helps me feel connected. :-)

    Mom

    ReplyDelete

I love comment-love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...